Our Trustees are central to Advocacy in Barnet and they play a highly valued role in leading the Charity and ensuring we meet our charitable objectives.
Trustees oversee the way in which Advocacy in Barnet:
- Manage its resources responsibly,
- Work in a way that is legally and financially compliant
- Plan ahead
We would welcome additional Trustees who have some understanding of third sector organisations, and have skills and experience in any of the following areas:
- business development
- human resources
- public relations
All Trustees receive training in advocacy and other areas that will help them develop in their role that is pivotal to the success of Advocacy in Barnet. We would hope that as with all volunteering at Advocacy in Barnet, you will learn new skills during your time on the board and find the role immensely satisfying. We would also expect all Trustees to have a firm commitment to the values and purpose of the Charity and support us to retain the high reputation and quality of our services and volunteering.
You will be part of a small team of dynamic and dedicated people committed to making a difference in the community and changing peoples’ lives. Charity Trustees make decisions together, working as a team. Whilst being a Trustee is a serious business, there is a lot of laughter at Board meetings and you will be very much appreciated for your contribution.
“It has been a rewarding experience to be a member of the AIB Board with responsibility for promoting the health and wellbeing of members of the community, through advocacy. I have been impressed by the commitment of staff and the range of volunteers who give of their time so generously.” – Glynnis Joffe, Trustee.
Trustees have 6 main duties
- Ensure your charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit Trustees have overall control of a charity and are responsible for making sure it’s doing what it was set up to do
- Comply with your charity’s governing document and the law
- Act in your charity’s best interests
- Manage your charity’s resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Ensure your charity is accountable
Interested? We would be delighted to hear from you
Please contact Lizzie Sturm on 0202 8201 3415 in the first instance for an informal chat.